Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Baby Is ONE!

Well it is official Colton is no longer a baby and we are now in the "toddler" years! He turned the big "1" on March 6th and we had his birthday party today. I can't believe how many people came! We had it at my mom's house and we were bursting at the seams. We are so lucky to have so many friends and family that love us. Colton was a champ through out the whole party and never really got fussy at all even though he was EXHAUSTED! He was so funny when we gave him his cake he put 1 finger in and then shook his head no as in "No I am not getting messy and I am not eating that cake!" It was so cute and had everyone in hysterics! LOL Usual Colton style as I call it! As I look back on this year it has been one hell of a ride! Who knew having a child could change your life this much. Everyone tells you how different your life will be but you never completely grasp it until you have your own. It is difficult, trying, exhausting, frightening and wonderful all in the same moment. I never knew I could be so excited about burps, farts, poops and pees, rolling over, sitting up, standing, and taking those first steps (even if for now they are from behind a push toy. I know that Chris and I taught him those things, we have kept this lump of a baby alive long enough to say our names and know who we are, to any parent I think that is an accomplishment. You wait 9 months to have this amazing, living, breathing, human being and then you deliver and in 2 days they send you home! You are expected to now "know what to do" and take care of this fragile thing and keep it alive. However there is no manual that tells you what to do, yes there are lots of books but they all have different opinions, cry, don't cry, feed, don't feed, cloth diaper, disposable diaper.....and the list goes on and on and on. Now you must take everyones opinion and weed through it all and try to figure out what is right for you. It's overwhelming to say the least! So every year that goes by that you "keep them alive" is one hell of an accomplishment in my eye. So we have got one down and 99 to go! Thank you to everyone who has helped us celebrate this amazing time in our lives as Colton has turned one. This kid is going to take us all on one hell of a ride I have a feeling.
Ps: I will be posting a slide show soon of Colton's birthday, however I am currently EXHAUSTED and just want to lay my head down......zzzzzzzzz.........

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Rose said...

Aaaaaaaaaaah, little grasshopper. You have become so wise in just a year. The best is yet to come....starting school, driving a car (besides his new Fire Engine), bring home is girlfriend, getting married, making you a grandmother. We so enjoyed sharing yesterday with you and your lovely family. May God continue to shower his blessings and good health upon you.

Celena said...

So well said!