Monday, September 8, 2008

Chicago

PhotobucketSo usually I blog about Colton and what new adventure he is up to, but today I am going to blog about Chris and I. We had our very first weekend away without Colton!!! Chris and I went to Chicago for the weekend and we had a blast. It was Chris' birthday on the 1st and we celebrated our 7 yr anniversary on the 5th, so I sort of last minute planned a weekend away for us. I think it was best that it was last minute because if I had had too much time to think about it I may have backed out. Colton turned 18 months on the 6th and we have never left him for so long. Sure he has stayed the night at grammy's but never all weekend. It was hard and I won't say that we didn't call to check in on him or talk about him at dinner, but it was a great, refreshing, much needed weekend for Chris and I to rejuvenate ourselves.


The View From Navy Pier
Photobucket

Navy Pier Ferris Wheel
Photobucket

Lookin Good
Photobucket

The Famous "Bean" at Millennium Park
Photobucket

Can You Find Us In The Bean????
Photobucket

There We Are!
Photobucket

We Had Dinner At Ditka's Restaurant and This is Dessert for Our Anniversary
Photobucket


I do have some great pics of Colton too but I need to get my mom's camera. Hope to be back soon with those.

3 comments:

cnbsmom said...

It looks like you had a great time!!!! It's nice to get a little break sometimes!!!

Scribbles and Splatters said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! Now I want to go to Chicago (without Lily!) Hope to see you soon!

nikkiferrer said...

Hey there stranger! Looks like you had a great time...We go to Chicago alot, my husband is from there. Its a great place, we love going. GRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAT food, huh!? Lookin good and Colton is getting HUGE! lol. Hope all is well. xoxo