Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Butter Festival

Chris and I took Colton to MacQueen's Apple Butter Festival today. We had a great time!!! Colton rode the ponies.....twice! LOL He loved them, we are trying to talk Grammy into an early Christmas gift as one of the ponies was for sale. YEAH RIGHT! We were also able to pick our own apples, we ate one right from the tree and they are delicious. The only problem is that in order to "pick your own" you had to buy a 1/2 bushel, for those of you who don't know a 1/2 bushel is approx 40-50 apples! So needless to say we are going to be doing some yummy baking with apples over the next few days. Good thing Colton loves to cook :0) We were also able to sample some of MacQueen's YUMMY apple fritters. OMG they are absolutely to die for. So delicious. If you live in Toledo it is totally worth the drive to MacQueen's to buy the fritter's and the apple cider. Plus if you have kids they usually find it pretty cool to watch the workers making the apple cider. Colton also enjoyed the tunes of the polka band that was there and I truly think that he would have loved to sit and listen instead of anything else we did. Over all we had an awesome day with some really great food.

Here is the Slide Show because there are too many great pics to post!

2 comments:

Scribbles and Splatters said...

Fun! Fun! I saw that pony was for sale too :) 300 dollars isn't bad for a pony :) LOL
Love the picture slide show!

Linda Hernandez said...

Hey Erika, I just wanted to say hi. I haven't seen you in a while.